The Declaration of Hemp Independence
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the political bands which have bound Them from full use of the planet’s most useful plant, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle Them to such use. A decent respect to the opinions of humankind requires that these People should declare the causes which impel Them to ensure Industrial Hemp’s full and complete restoration.
We hold these truths of Industrial Hemp’s usefulness to be self-evident. Food, fuel, fiber and 20,000 other applications make this reality manifest. And since all People—but not all bbplants—are created equal and endowed by Their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, it stands to reason that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Hemp Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among People, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of Industrial Hemp’s inclusion to these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience has shown, that, sadly, People are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right Themselves by abolishing the forms of legal restraint to which They are accustomed even if such customs include poisoning medicines, plastics, and food.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same unnatural products evinces a design to reduce the People to the tyranny of absolute crony-consumerism, it is Their right, it is Their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide a new guard of plant hierarchy for Their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these United States of America; and such is now the necessity which constrains Them to permanently alter Their former Systems of Government. Hemp history is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of the absolute tyranny of crony-consumerism over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world which include:
- Prevention of the full realization of industrial hemp’s medicinal benefits which can aid the pain, anxiety, and other ailments which afflict the People.
- Deprivation of a rich food source providing plant-based proteins, vitamins, and minerals to feed the People.
- Obstruction of the one of the strongest, longest soft-fibers known to humanity, capable of clothing the People.
- Endeavoring to choke out an abundant source of building materials including eco-friendly plastics, concrete, and wood-like materials sufficient to build the homes, vehicles, and other items necessary for use by the People.
- These abuses of Industrial Hemp, wholesome and necessary for the public good, were effectuated unjustly in the United States starting with the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 and then again with the Controlled Substances Act of 1970.
- These abuses further resulted in a cruel twist on “taxation without representation” given that, like the King that imposed taxes on the Colonists without permitting voice in political affairs, here, the Government imposed taxes on Hemp’s cultivation as the very means to suppress Industrial Hemp’s voice and rightful place in human affairs.
- These abuses caused decades of denial that Industrial Hemp and marijuana constitute two distinct varieties of the Cannabis Sativa plant, an offense against Truth.
- While the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill addressed some abuses, the fact remains that Industrial Hemp labors under unjust legal burdens, regulation, and social stigma.
The above cited Facts excited years of unwarranted criminality, imprisonment, and public loss which will not be forget nor ignored. Our repeated Petitions have been answered often by repeated injury. Indeed, We have appealed to native justice and magnanimity, and We have conjured them to remember Industrial Hemp’s common origin found throughout human history and the history of this Country in an effort to dissuade them from any usurpations or obstructions to Industrial Hemp’s use. Yet, they too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. A tyranny of crony-consumerism-induced silence is an insufficient response and unfit ruler of a free People.
As a new decade dawns, and the tide of Public and legislative opinion begins to change, We may no longer remain silent, and consider it necessary to raise Our voices anew. We must, therefore respond to those entities which dare to denounce Industrial Hemp’s Separation from all its bonds, and hold them, as We hold the rest of humanity, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.
We, therefore, the People of the United States of America, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of Our intentions, do, in the Name of Justice, solemnly publish and declare: That Industrial Hemp in these United States is, and of Right ought to be Free and widely used, and that all political or legal obstruction is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that the People have full Power to levy War against those who stand in the way—whether a person, City, State, or Federal body—not with bullets or bombs, but with dollars, spread of knowledge, and bold use of Industrial Hemp products. And with this Power to Wage and Win a 21st Century War, the People may also conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which People using Independent Industrial Hemp may of right do. For the support of this Declaration of Hemp’s Independence, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.